Four Guilty Pleasures in Reading
1. American Profile, the sub-USA Weekend "magazine" in the Northfield paper - every celeb Q&A question is, "I really like Celine Dion/Garth Brooks/Scott McClellan. Tell me more about them."
2. "Blondie," the comic strip. I just can't stop reading it, unlike "Family Circus," which I can now avoid.
3. Wired - the business-shillingest magazine this side of Business Week.
4. Any fashion/lifestyle magazine - the girlier the better.
Three Guilty Pleasures in Movies
1. Red Dawn, the Reaganite paean to militia resistance to a Soviet invasion.
2. Schwarzenegger's action-movie oeuvre.
3. Hamlet, the Mel Gibson vehicle.
Five Guilty Pleasures in Food
1. Potato chips - the greasier and cheaper the better.
2. French fries.
3. Pepperoni pizza.
4. Chocolate cupcakes, which I could eat all day and night. No sprinkles, though. Yuck.
5. Garlic bread - the butterier the better.
Four Guilty Pleasures in Music
1. Guns 'n' Roses.
2. Johnny Horton.
3. The Scorpions.
Four Guilty Pleasures in TV
(Pass - I honestly don't watch enough TV to have even one.)
Two Guilty Pleasures in Booze
1. Cheap, cheap beer.
2. "Depth charges" - shot of espresso in a pint of stout.