1. This afternoon, I saw several pickup trucks head past our house pulling jet-skis on trailers. Too early to put them in the water, but not too early to put the snowmobiles in and get the jet-skis out of storage.
2. I swept out the garage this noon, sending a tree's worth of leaves back from whence they came. Well, sorta - the northerly wind kept blowing everything back in.
3. Sunny afternoons, the road out our back door is thick with cyclists - and today, the first rollerskier of the season (alas, not me).
4. The field across the road is now fully plowed, after a big John Deere rolled back and forth through it for the better part of three days (and perhaps all night, given that I saw him running in the dark one evening and going before we started breakfast the next morning).
5. This evening, I'm driving all the way to La Crescent, Minnesota - 240 miles roundtrip - just to see Ironman with two old friends who'll be there tonight only. Driving two hours one way to see a 120-minute movie is not carbon neutral, but the prospect of seeing old friends and a good popcorn movie is somehow springlike. I'd sure never try it in January. And the chance of snow tonight is very small.