Amazingly, today is Julia’s eighth birthday. It’s been a wonderful day, and a wonderful eight years. Julia is a smart, talented, funny, calm, sensitive, and beautiful girl – a devoted sister and an excellent daughter. Among her many eight-year-old charms:
- She can do her own hair – but lets her mama do it for her, too.
- She hasn’t missed a spelling word in two years of quizzes.
- She is the only one in the family who can consistently comfort Genevieve.
- She is very particular about her clothes.
- She does math for fun – but not for too long.
- She can recount the plots, subplots, and sub-sub-plots of all the Little House on the Prairie books – and of quite a few other books.
- She loves to make illustrated books.
- She can keep track of an amazing number of details about other people.
- She loves wordplay, and is quick to pick up new puns and jokes.
- She is amazingly attuned to other people’s feelings.
I sure love her! I can’t wait to see what the next year brings!